Under GC21 Edition 2, Kingston Building was awarded the contract to complete the demolition of existing school buildings and infrastructure and subsequent construction of new building and facilities at the Point Clare Public School.
The project was delivered under 10 separate milestones and while the school was being used over a period of 18 months.
The contract works totalling $9.0m covered the entire school site and was made up of the following portions:
- Demolition and redirection of services to existing buildings, provision of temporary containers, site sheds for school use, salvaging of solar panels and sponsored paving bricks for reuse in the works
- Construction of a new 3 level concrete framed building, assist in the relocation of staff and students into the new building
- Remove existing demountable buildings to establish another building site where civil / landscaping works could commence.
- Refurbish existing buildings into new classrooms then move staff and children into new rooms
- Complete install of new sub station
- Re- establish perimeter construction fencing and make safe existing areas within the school grounds to complete all external works including new synthetic turf playing fields, playground equipment, furniture , kitchen gardens and new court surfaces.
These values underpin how we go about our daily business and define the Kingston way.
We are committed to establishing and investing in long term relationships with clients, staff, communities, suppliers and subcontractors in the absolute belief that this approach creates the greatest value for all.
We recognise the critical importance of environmental sustainability including water and energy efficiency, pollution reduction, recycling and the implementation of best practice urban design principles to protect the future health and prosperity of the planet.
We take great pride in constructing quality buildings with exceptionally high standards of finish and client satisfaction. Kingston has received many industry awards for excellence.