This project involved the fit out of the Sub-Acute Unit as part of a major hospital extension project, including the fit out for an additional 12 beds, staff station, clean & dirty utility rooms, treatment rooms, therapy rooms, staff rooms and offices, and a commercial kitchen.
Some complications associated with the project included:
- Having to work in and around an operating hospital environment
- Integrating services between the new and existing facilities
- Being prepared for arrivals of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter
- Staging the construction around operational power requirements including fast tracking backup power supply
- Installing temporary BCA compliant emergency egresses for existing staff and patients for the possibility of evacuation in an emergency.
Kingston’s innovations on the project ensured that cost and time savings were achieved, which were subsequently passed on to the client.
These values underpin how we go about our daily business and define the Kingston way.
We are committed to establishing and investing in long term relationships with clients, staff, communities, suppliers and subcontractors in the absolute belief that this approach creates the greatest value for all.
We recognise the critical importance of environmental sustainability including water and energy efficiency, pollution reduction, recycling and the implementation of best practice urban design principles to protect the future health and prosperity of the planet.
We take great pride in constructing quality buildings with exceptionally high standards of finish and client satisfaction. Kingston has received many industry awards for excellence.